I finished the course Personal Entrepreneurial Development offered by the University of the Philippines Open University – Faculty of Management and Development Studies. I graduated with high distinction and ranked third with a grade of 98%. It spanned from July – December 2015.
About the Course
(from their website at http://fmds.upou.edu.ph/index.php/academics/cep?id=78):
This course aims to build success-oriented motivations, attitudes, competencies, behavioral characteristics and other qualities that will give individuals an edge when starting and managing their own business.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Discuss various theories of entrepreneurship and the role of entrepreneurship in economic development;
- Identify the personal motivations, attitudes, qualities, competencies and characteristics usually associated with successful entrepreneurs; and
- Develop achievement-, planning- and power-oriented entrepreneurial competencies.
Course Delivery and Materials
The course is delivered online using a combination of:
- Guided independent study using print-based modules and course guides; and
- Computer mediated communication on UPOU’s learning management system (MyPortal).
Photo by rawpixel from Unsplash